- To conduct Research for the control, prevention, Eradication of Livestock and Poultry Diseases.
- To provide diagnostic facilities to the Veterinarians, Poultry & Livestock owners.
- To produce different biologics and reagents against major infectious/contagious diseases of Livestock and Poultry.
- Use of Animal Biotechnology in Animal Health and Production.
- To arrange different capacity building events for the farmers and filed Veterinarians.
- To provide Research/Diagnostic facilities regarding Zoonotic diseases.
- Supervision/Guidelines in postgraduate student’s thesis research.
- To extend diagnostic services to the Wildlife to the wildlife and Fisheries Department (Environment Department).